During a storm your roof can be exposed to winds as high as 50 to 60 mph, heavy rains and even hail. When a roof is subjected to these weather conditions, there is potential for damage to occur. If heavy storms have recently passed through your area or are forecasted in the near future, it’s important to be able to recognize signs of roof damage.
How Do I Spot Roof Damage?
If your home has endured tough storms, there are several signs to be on the lookout for. Below are all indications that your roof has sustained damage and needs repair:
- Check your attic for any areas where moisture is seeping through from the roof. This is a likely indication that water is penetrating the outer layer of your roof and leaking into your home.
- Do a walk-around of your home and look for any signs of roof damage. Look for any shingles that may have been torn off and scattered on the ground.
- Check your gutters for debris such as leaves, twigs, granules, etc. Removing debris is important to prevent your gutters from getting clogged.
- Larger issues, such as a fallen tree, are easier to spot; however, require quick action. Should something like this happen, it’s important to have a roofing professional assess the situation, to determine whether structural damage has occurred.
- One important aspect of assessing your roof for damage is safety! Harsh weather conditions can cause roof shingles to become loose or even weaken sections of your roof. Due to these risks, avoid going onto your roof to assess the extent of any damages.
At Turnbull Roofing, our team of roofing professionals has the expertise to not only give you an accurate assessment of your roof’s condition but perform the necessary repairs to restore it to top condition.